FEATURES OF THE ASAP EXEMPLARS WEBSITE
Each set of exemplars corresponds to one specific grade and one strand
of the Science and Technology curriculum.
The ASAP Exemplars are based on over 40 specially developed "culminating
performance tasks" which are available on the YSISTE web site.
For each set of exemplars published, the following features are present:
- The performance task used - this is available for downloading as a
- The rubric used to evaluate the samples of students' work - this rubric
is the central focus of the web site and all the samples are linked
- One or more written samples of student work - these are linked to
each achievement criterion and level and you can access them by clicking
on the "paper-and-pencil" icon in each cell of the rubric.
- One or more video samples of student work - these are also linked
to each achievement criterion and level and you can access them by clicking
on the "video camera" icon in each cell of the rubric.
- For each work sample (both written and video) there are comments on
why this sample of work was judged to be at that particular achievement
level. These will appear with each work sample.
- There are also curriculum connections (shown with a "help"
or book icon) which contain more in depth explanations of the curriculum
content and skills of the strand.
Each performance task contains the following elements:
- Task Overview, including information on materials required, suggested
timelines, student grouping and safety considerations.
- Student Task Sheets, including detailed information for the student
on how to undertake the task.
- Teacher Information Sheets, including the curriculum expectations
addressed by the task, prior knowledge and skills required, assessment
aids including the task-specific rubric, and many other features.